If you are familiar with Max/MSP, then you would know that the object known as sfrecord~ will record the audio input to a file on the hard drive. It is a simple way of retrieving the output of a patch. I have used this method to capture the sound from a few patches.
I intend to continue to use the concept of sfrecord~ for albums, as they demonstrate some of what I have been working on.
I made a quick film using some footage that I have been collecting, set to a piece of music made from field recordings that I have been collecting. I thought it was about time I shared some of my collection.
I got to the Pillbox Studio after midday and had lunch before I got stuck into it. The band who were in the studio previously weren’t courteous enough to tidy up after themselves, so I spent a lot of my time tidying up cables and such. Eventually I got everything where it needed to go.
I arranged all of my own gear and cables before placing microphones.
Then I was finally ready to go into the control room and check the signals.
The patch leads are very colourful.
Happy with day one.
Days two and three will be recording tracks and starting the mixdown.
I will hopefully be able to get into a studio in the not too distant future, to record an album for my tilde~ project. I want to have the six tracks of Æsthesis recorded in a live room for natural spatialisation. So we will see how it all goes.