I have recorded a few of the pieces I have been working on lately and included them in an album.
If you are familiar with Max/MSP, then you would know that the object known as sfrecord~ will record the audio input to a file on the hard drive. It is a simple way of retrieving the output of a patch. I have used this method to capture the sound from a few patches.
I intend to continue to use the concept of sfrecord~ for albums, as they demonstrate some of what I have been working on.
– Rhys Channing
I have decided to create an album of some of the things I’m working on in Max.
Each track will be a simple recording of the output of each patch with minimal post-processing.
It is because of this that I have chosen the title…
One track is finished already, out of… I haven’t decided yet.
It is a first draft of an interdisciplinary performance idea I’m working on with some other Mandurians.
I will update when I have done the next track.
Update on projects I am working on:
- Sound art installation for the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- An interdisciplinary performance with Mandurah locals
- Sound art installation for the Regional Arts Summit in October held at MPAC, and the 2018 Stretch Arts Festival. I will be working with David Carson, Justin Wiggan, Heloise Lorimer, and the Mandurah public
- A sci-fi short film with Bevan Hewett
- Instrument building: talkbox, lujon
- Graphic score for vocalists
- New music with visuals
- A documentary
More grid art