I made a quick film using some footage that I have been collecting, set to a piece of music made from field recordings that I have been collecting. I thought it was about time I shared some of my collection.
I will have over 70 pieces exhibited in the Black Box Gallery at Make Place and RDA Peel’s Chasers afterparty of the Country Arts WA Summit, at the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre. The exhibit will be on Saturday the 14th of October.
I have decided to create an album of some of the things I’m working on in Max.
Each track will be a simple recording of the output of each patch with minimal post-processing.
It is because of this that I have chosen the title…
One track is finished already, out of… I haven’t decided yet.
It is a first draft of an interdisciplinary performance idea I’m working on with some other Mandurians.
I will update when I have done the next track.
Update on projects I am working on:
- Sound art installation for the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- An interdisciplinary performance with Mandurah locals
- Sound art installation for the Regional Arts Summit in October held at MPAC, and the 2018 Stretch Arts Festival. I will be working with David Carson, Justin Wiggan, Heloise Lorimer, and the Mandurah public
- A sci-fi short film with Bevan Hewett
- Instrument building: talkbox, lujon
- Graphic score for vocalists
- New music with visuals
- A documentary
‘Composed with Max/MSP and Garrahand percussion instruments, Æsthēsis is a foray into glitch-and-noise-based electro-acoustic ambience. Tilde~’s compositional approach forgoes lush, synth-heavy soundscapes and opts instead for close-up electronic crackles and distant metallic arpeggios. Contemplative melodies peeking through the white noise.’